Get ready for the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies you’ve ever had! These cookies are soft, chewy, and have a rich, buttery taste. They’re also incredibly easy to make, which is good because everyone will be asking for more!
If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies, get ready to experience the best of the best. I’ve tried these paleo chocolate chip cookies on all of my friends (those who are gluten-free and gluten-filled), and they’re always a fan favorite.
No weird gritty texture. No dryness. No browning or crunchiness on the bottom. No soggy center. Just pure, soft and chewy chocolatey goodness.
They’re also incredibly easy to make, which is good because they tend to go fast.
So, what’s the secret to making the best paleo chewy chocolate chip cookies? The combination of flours in the recipe, and how you process them. While we tested many flours to come up with this recipe, almond flour, coconut flour, and tapioca flour were a match made in heaven.
As for processing, we found mixing the ingredients for these paleo chewy chocolate chip cookies in a mixer or food processor helps to break down the blanched almond flour, and evenly combine the dry ingredients.
If you’re using a stand or hand mixer, whisk the almond flour, then whisk the dry ingredients together. After mixing the dry ingredients, switch the attachment to the beater to mix in the wet ingredients and form the dough. Of course, you can also mix the flours together by hand. Just use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients together, and then mix in the wet ingredients with a spoon. The texture of the paleo chocolate chip cookies will be slightly different, but still incredibly buttery and delicious.
Interested in making a swap? You can use arrowroot flour instead of tapioca flour. You can also swap out the ghee for coconut oil. We tested both of these swaps in our recipe development, and they turned out great, however, the recipe below is the best combination.
Why I Love This Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- While this chocolate chip cookie recipe is paleo and gluten free, these cookies will be loved by all!
- This paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe makes soft and chewy cookies with a buttery taste. SO YUM!
- The ingredients in this recipe are simple and easy to find.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe to make a large batch of cookies.
- This chewy paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe is allergy-friendly and perfect for holiday gatherings, tailgates, and birthday parties!
Tips and Tricks for My Chewy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- If you don’t have a food processor or mixer, just mix everything together by hand!
- Not into ghee? Swap it out for coconut oil.
- You can use arrowroot flour instead of tapioca flour. The texture will be slightly different.
- These paleo chocolate chip cookies cook up fast! Make sure to watch them at the 10 minute mark for any golden brown color on top.
- Making this paleo cookie recipe for kiddos or a special holiday? Add naturally colored sprinkles or chocolate candies on top just before placing them in the oven.
Get ready for the BEST paleo chocolate chip cookies! These cookies are soft, chewy, and have a rich, buttery taste. They’re also incredibly easy to make, which is good because everyone will be asking for more!
- 1 ½ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup ghee, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour until it’s broken down and fine, about 1 to 2 minutes. For best results, do this with a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients (tapioca starch, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and coconut sugar), and whisk until combined.
- Add the honey, ghee, egg, and vanilla extract, and mix everything together until a uniform dough forms. The dough should be fairly thick and come together to form a ball. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into about twelve 2-inch balls and place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Flatten each cookie ever so slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake them unless you like your cookies more done. Remove the cookies from the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
After you test this paleo chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, make sure to come back here and tell me how you liked them!