This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.
If you’re a fan of my best paleo chewy chocolate chip cookies recipe, you’re going to love this paleo chocolate chip cookie skillet! This skillet cookie recipe is adapted from my chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe with a few modification to increase the volume and improve the consistency.
The end result is the most ooegy gooey soft and chewy paleo chocolate chip cookie larger than the size of your head that you can eat with a fork right out of the skillet. You’re so welcome.
I’ve been wanting to create the ultimate paleo chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe for quite some time now. In fact, the very first recipe I ever pinned on my Pinterest was a chocolate chip skillet cookie recipe! I couldn’t believe a cookie could actually be baked in the oven in a skillet. It’s as good as it looks, and way easier than you’d expect! Because it’s easy to whip up and bake, it’s the perfect dessert for gatherings and holidays. This has become our Christmas day dessert tradition!
For this paleo skillet cookie recipe, you simply mix up the dough in a single bowl, and then press the dough into a greased cast iron skillet before baking. That’s it! It’s even easier than making chocolate chip cookies, and bonus— clean up is a breeze! Serve with coconut milk ice cream or a drizzle of melted chocolate.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can use a ceramic or heavy glass baking dish. I personally love the way this cooks up in a 9-inch ceramic pie dish too! While a 9-inch cast iron skillet works best, this paleo cookie skillet recipe will work in a variety of cast iron pans, including your vintage cast iron pan from grandma. With smaller 7 or 8-inch pans, the cookie will rise to the very top of the pan when baking.
What I Love About This Paleo Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe
- This paleo chocolate chip skillet cook has a soft and chewy texture.
- The ingredients are simple and easy to find and the recipe is SO EASY!
- Even though this skillet cookie is paleo, grain-free, and dairy-free, no one will know!
- You get to eat this chocolate chip cookie right out of the skillet! Prep and clean up is a breeze!
- This chocolate chip skillet cookie is great for the holidays. It’s a spectacular dessert right out of the oven for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
Tips and Tricks for My Paleo Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- This paleo skillet cookie recipe is incredibly easy to whip up in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. Use the whisk attachment to mix the almond flour and combine dry ingredients, then switch out the attachment to the beater before adding in the wet ingredients.
- Not into ghee? Swap it out for coconut oil.
- You can use arrowroot flour instead of tapioca flour. The texture will be slightly different.
- This paleo chocolate chip skillet cookies cooks up fast! Check it right at 17 minutes and remove promptly if already golden on top.
- Sprinkle a few chocolate chunks right on top of the cookie before placing it in the oven to make it more visually appealing. #instaworthy
- Making this paleo skillet cookie recipe for kiddos or a special holiday? You can also add naturally colored sprinkles or chocolate candies on top just before placing it in the oven.
Did you make this paleo cookie skillet recipe? If you loved it—please share your review below! I’d love to hear from you!