These paleo pumpkin blondies are insanely delicious and the perfect balance of chewy and cakey. Super dense, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips, it’s a pumpkin and chocolate match made in heavy.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year, and by that I mean pumpkin spice season! While I’m team pumpkin spice in just about everything, my favorite combination in the fall is pumpkin and chocolate. Which is why I absolutely love these paleo pumpkin blondies!
I’m personally of the belief that there is nothing better than brownies and blondies for dessert, so I’m sort of a stickler when it comes to that perfectly chewy and dense texture. Even though these paleo pumpkin blondies are made with coconut and almond flour, they are so wonderfully chewy!
These pumpkin blondies are not only grain-free, dairy-free, and paleo, they’re also incredibly moist and dense, which is what sets these blondies apart from the rest. And because they’re loaded with chocolate chips, they are rich and wonderfully ooey-gooey. Pumpkin blondies can be eaten alone as scrumptious fall treat, or you can top it with coconut milk ice cream and serve it on Thanksgiving!
What I Love About These Paleo Pumpkin Blondies
- These paleo pumpkin blondies are the perfect blend of cakey and chewy. I love how rich in pumpkin they are!
- The ingredients are simple and easy to find and the recipe is so easy.
- Even though these pumpkin blondies are paleo, grain-free, and dairy-free, no one will know!
- This paleo pumpkin blondie recipe is family friendly and the kids will love them! Great for a fall treat or for Thanksgiving dessert!
Tips and Tricks for My Paleo Pumpkin Blondies
- An 8 x 8 baking pan will make fairly thick pumpkin blondies. You can also use a 9 x 13 pan.
- For a smooth texture, whisking the dry ingredients together for 1-2 minutes.
- For the almond butter, a no-stir smooth variety works best. If your almond butter isn’t mixed well and ends up being too oily, the blondies will be too wet.
- Smooth out the batter in the pan before placing it in the oven. I like to add a few extra chocolate chips on top (press them in slightly) before placing the pan in the oven. #instaworthy
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and coconut sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond butter, canned pumpkin, and melted coconut oil. Then add in the eggs, whisking everything together until smooth.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until there are no lumps. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and smooth out the batter using a spatula.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until the edges are lightly golden brown and the center is cooked through.
What did you think about these paleo pumpkin blondies? Let me know below!