This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.
Ready to taste the rainbow? This sheet pan roasted vegetables recipe contains all the colors of the rainbow, which means it’s rich in a variety of antioxidants and immune-boosting compounds. And bonus! It’s super easy to make—everything roasts in the oven on one pan! This sheet pan recipe is also low carb and whole30 friendly!
Looking for the perfect side dish to accompany tonight’s dinner? This sheet pan roasted vegetable recipe contains all the colors of the rainbow, and comes together in under 30 minutes! The vegetables are perfectly seasoned and roasted on the same pan until tender.
If your house is anything like mine—vegetables are a bit tricky to serve. When there’s a roasted vegetable as a side, it’s boring and not everyone’s favorite. This is where sheet pan roasted veggies come to in save the day. There’s variety, flavor, and something for everyone!
Sheet pan roasted vegetables are also pretty darn tasty, which is important when it comes to serving food to the family. Most of you know, I’m big on family friendly dishes that are easy to prep and serve. These rainbow roasted vegetables can be cut up in the morning, and quickly spread out on a pan for roasting in the evenings for dinner.
In addition to eating as a side dish, here are some easy ways to enjoy these veggies for a delicious and nutrient-dense meal:
- Burrito bowl: Top with taco-seasoned ground meat, salsa, avocado, cilantro and lime juice
- Curry: Serve with rice, chicken and your favorite curry sauce
- Salad: Serve over a bed of greens and topped with Primal Kitchen dressing
- Breakfast: Top with a couple of over easy eggs and sausage, or add to a Sweet Potato Power Bowl for an extra boost of veggies
Why Rainbow Vegetables Make for a Healthy Plate
Studies show it’s important to eat a variety of color-rich vegetables because the nutrients responsible for each color have different protective properties. For example, red foods, like tomatoes, contain antioxidants like lycopene. Orange foods, like carrots, are high in carotenoids, including alpha-carotene and beta-carotene.
So, if you’re looking to fight disease and free radical damage, include this rainbow roasted vegetables recipe on regular rotation. Here’s a little bit more about each vegetable included:
Peppers: Bell peppers are an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. They also contain a healthy dose of fiber, folate, and iron.
Carrots: Carrots are a particularly good source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium. They also contain carotenoids and antioxidants.
Zucchini: Zucchini is a great source of vitamin C, and also contains vitamin b6, riboflavin, and manganese.
Broccoli: Broccoli is a nutrient powerhouse! It’s rich in fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, iron, and potassium. It also has magnesium! It’s also a cruciferous vegetable that helps support estrogen and hormone metabolism.
Onions: Onions are a great way to support gut health, as they are one of the only foods rich in prebiotics (what help support and feed probiotics). They also contain antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamin C, folate, vitamin B6, and potassium.
How to Make Sheet Pan Rainbow Roasted Vegetables
Making sheet pan rainbow roasted vegetables couldn’t be easier!
First, cut your vegetables into 1-inch slices or cubes. If you’re new to sheet pan roasted vegetables, this is the most important thing to remember when it comes sheet pan dishes. In order for the vegetables to all cook evenly, everything needs to be sliced and cut into the exact same size. In this recipe, all vegetable peices should be about 1-inch in size.
Arrange your vegetables on your sheet pan following the color of the rainbow—red peppers, orange carrots, yellow peppers, green zucchini and broccoli, and purple onions. Pour the coconut oil over your vegeatbles, and season with the garlic, Itailian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Roast the vegetables until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and drizzle the roasted vegetables with lemon juice directly on the pan before serving.
Making Vegetable Swaps
You can customize this recipe so that it includes a variety of vegetables. Depending on the time of year, consider swapping the veggies for whatever is in season. You can easily tell this by noting what’s on sale at the grocery store, or by shopping at a local farmer’s market.
Thus far, I’ve swapped in zucchini for asparagus pieces, diced butternut squash for yellow pepper, and I’ve used purple and orange sweet potatoes. When you’re swapping in other vegetables, be sure they are equal in size to the other vegetables on the tray, especially when doing potatoes and squashes.
Why I Love This Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetable Recipe
- Rainbow roasted vegetables are a great way to get in a variety of vegetables. There’s something for everyone!
- This recipe is simple and all the vegetables roast on one pan.
- Sheet pan roasted vegetables go with so many dishes! Serve as a side with meat, rice, or on top of a salad.
- This recipe can be made with a variety of vegetables. Use whatever is in season!
- The recipe is healthy, low carb, Whole30, and paleo.
Tips + Tricks
- Make sure to cut up all the vegetables so they are the same size. The piece should all be about 1-inch in size.
- The easiest way to test for doneness is with a fork. Check the carrots at the end as they’ll be the last vegetables to become tender.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can use a mixture of dried parsley, oregano, or basil.
- You can swap coconut oil for avocado oil.
Stocking the Pantry
I personally use Thrive Market for most of my pantry needs because it saves me some cash—especially when it comes to commonly used items like coconut oil and spices. For a complete list of my recommend pantry items and what I use in my home, check out my Baking and Cooking Resources Page.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Mini Meatloaf
- 15-Minute Egg Roll in A Bowl
- Sheet Pan Chicken, Broccoli, and Sweet Potatoes with Garlic Herb Aioli
- Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
If you make this sheet pan rainbow roasted vegetables recipe, come back and let me know what you thought! Tried a different variation? I’d love to hear about it!