*This is a special highlight of one of my favorite dinner recipes in my book, Coconuts and Kettlebells.
Yes, it is possible for turkey burgers to be full of flavor and downright delicious. And that’s exactly what you get with my Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burgers. Buh-bye bland, dry, crumbly turkey burgers! Hello insanely tasty turkey burgers that are perfectly golden on the outside and moist and juicy in the center.
The secret? One of life’s greatest flavor combinations: fresh lime juice and cilantro. The lime juice helps the turkey burgers maintain moisture while also adding a punch of flavor. The fresh cilantro, along with the spice combination of garlic, cumin, and chili, give these turkey burgers a nice kick and balance out the lime. Definitely expect for everyone to be coming back for extras.
The best part about this Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burger recipe is that it is so easy! You’ll have the burgers prepped and ready to be cooked in less than 10 minutes. Because the ingredients are simple and fresh, these turkey burgers are paleo, low carb, and Whole30!
If you’re in need of recipes for the whole family—this recipe is also kid-friendly! My kids love being able to customize the toppings. I highly recommend serving these paleo turkey burgers with with guacamole, avocado oil mayo, or a fried egg on top. It will add a bit of moisture and make the burgers even more decadent. It will for sure be a show stopper at your next family bar-b-que.
What I Love About This Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burger Recipe
- This turkey burger recipe is so easy. Prep time is under 10 minutes!
- These cilantro lime turkey burgers are made with simple, nourishing ingredients.
- These turkey burgers are Whole30, paleo, and low carb!
- You can serve these low carb turkey burgers with a variety of toppings, including avocado oil mayo or guacamole!
- These easy turkey burgers are kid-friendly! Mine always have fun choosing their own toppings.
Tips and Tricks for My Cilantro-Lime Turkey Burgers
- You can easily substitute the ground turkey for ground chicken.
- These easy turkey burgers cook up beautifully in a pan or on the grill. When cooking on the grill, you may need to slightly adjust cooking time so they don’t overcook.
- Make sure to only salt the outside of the patties. This will help the turkey burgers retain moisture and remain juicy when cooking.
- If you’re serving more than two people, I recommend doubling the recipe. These store well in the fridge and make great leftovers!
These turkey burgers are juicy, full of flavor, and ready for the grill. The combination of cilantro, lime, and spices makes these burgers irresistible. Top with guacamole to kick them up a notch!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- Sea salt
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Avocado oil mayonnaise
- Fried egg
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Form the mixture into 4 equal-size patties.
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Season both sides of the patties with salt and cook them until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers warm, wrapped in crispy lettuce leaves and topped with your favorite toppings.
Got questions about this low carb turkey burger recipe? Love the recipe and want to share? Comment below! I’d love to hear from you!