Say hello to the best healthy turkey burgers recipe! Leave behind the dry, crumbly, and bland turkey burgers. These are the best grilled turkey burgers you’ll find! So juicy, moist, and delicious, and tested two ways! Made with simple ingredients, these easy turkey burgers take just 10 minutes to prep. Because this recipe for healthy turkey burgers contains whole ingredients, they’re paleo turkey burgers, too! Let’s eat!
- 1 lb organic ground turkey, 93% lean
- ¼ medium onion, grated
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped (about 1 heaping tablespoon finely chopped cilantro)
- Juice of ½ a lime (about 1 tablespoon lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo (optional for added moisture)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, for seasoning the outside of the patties
- Sliced tomato
- Sliced red onion
- Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo
- Fried egg
- Lettuce leaves or buns
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey, onion, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper until just combine. Make sure not to overwork the meat as it can led to tough burgers.
- Form the mixture into 4 equal-size patties about 1-inch thick. The turkey burgers will be slightly wet and hard to form. Don’t worry—this is normal. Place the turkey burgers in the fridge until ready to grill. They’ll firm up and be easier to handle.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F. Spray or brush avocado oil generously on a folded paper towel. Using grilling tongs, run the oiled paper towel along the grates to oil the grates. This is the secret to the turkey burgers not sticking!
- Season the turkey burgers with the salt on both sides. Place the patties on the grill and cook for 5 minutes with the grill closed, or until the underside is cooked and grill marks form. Flip the burgers with a thin-bladed spatula and grill for another 4-5 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 F.
- Serve the burgers warm, wrapped in crispy lettuce leaves and dressed with your favorite toppings.
To cook these turkey burgers in the skillet, melt a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the patties to the skillet and cook the turkey burgers until golden on one side, about 5-6 minutes. Flip the burgers and cook until the center is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy turkey burgers, paleo turkey burgers, low carb turkey burgers, recipe for healthy turkey burgers, grilled turkey burgers, whole30 turkey burgers