This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.
This super easy chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is creamy, delicious, and made with a special homemade cream of mushroom soup. It’s packed with nourishing ingredients, and is loved by the entire family!
This chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is the ultimate comfort food. It’s warm, deliciously hearty and creamy, and packed with nourishing ingredients. While holidays are typically the time where casseroles shine, I am a big fan of eating them year round, mostly because the are easy to make, produce a ton of food, and the leftovers are so good.
If you have nostalgic memories of eating creamy chicken broccoli rice casserole as a kid, this recipe is going to bring back all the feels! As will my Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup! This paleo chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole includes a homemade cream of mushroom soup made with mushrooms, onions, bone broth, and coconut milk. To me, it’s what sets this chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole apart from the rest. It brings all the components of the casserole together, and gives it a warm and hearty flavor.
I know easy weeknight dinners are hard to come by. So I intentionally kept the prep work with this paleo chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole to a minimum. You’ll simply cook up the chicken pieces and broccoli florets in one pan, and make the creamy mushroom soup in the other. Combine everything together in your casserole dish, add your bag of frozen cauliflower rice, and you’re done!
Frozen cauliflower rice is available at most grocery stores now, which is awesome because it makes things so much easier! But if you can’t find it frozen or fresh, I’ve also included instructions for how to make it from a head of cauliflower. To save time, you can do this the morning of and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. And YES! You can use cooked rice in this recipe too. I love this dish with both, but prefer the flavor and texture with cauliflower rice.
Because this paleo chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole is made with nourishing, whole ingredients, it’s paleo, whole30, and low carb! This one fits a variety of dietary needs, so go for it! And I’m not kidding on this one—your entire family will LOVE this. Even the picky toddlers will be asking for more (I speak from experience on this one!).
Why I Love This Paleo Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- I love that this paleo casserole can be cooked up in 20 minutes!
- This recipe contains simple, nourishing ingredients. It’s packed with veggies and protein!
- While this dish is unique and flavorful, the prep work is kept to a minimum. The homemade creamy mushroom soup is easy and makes the dish incredibly creamy and hearty.
- This dish is the perfect cozy weeknight dinner. It gives you a ton of food, and the entire family will love it!
- The recipe is Whole30, paleo, and low carb.
Tips and Tricks for my Paleo Chicken Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Both chicken breast and thighs work in this recipe. Make sure to cut them into small, 1-inch bite size pieces so they blend well with the other ingredients.
- Don’t worry if the amount of chicken you have exceeds 1 lb. This dish is great with anything between 1-2 lbs chicken.
- You can leave out the nutritional yeast if you don’t have any on hand. It gives the dish a nice cheesy flavor, but it’s still good without it.
- You can swap out the fresh garlic for 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- If you forgot to lay out the bag of frozen cauliflower (it happens to the best of us), just add everything to the casserole dish, and place the frozen cauliflower rice in the pan you cooked the broccoli and chicken in. Place the pan over medium heat and stir until it thaws, about 1-2 minutes.
- You can use a variety of casserole dishes for this—square, round, and rectangle. It will work in most medium casserole pans!
Did you love this paleo chicken broccoli cauliflower rice casserole recipe? Let me know in the comments below!