If you haven’t tried whole roasted cauliflower yet, this might just become your new favorite side dish.
In fact, I am predicting with 99.98% certainty that whole roasted cauliflower will be the next big thing in the foodiesphere. Analysts have already declared this the year of cauliflower power, mostly due to it’s versatility, and high vitamin C content. And let’s be honest—people are just dying to move on from kale to something new. There’s only so many cute catch phrases you can put on a shirt using the word “kale.”
While I absolutely love making roasted cauliflower florets and cauliflower rice as a side to dishes like grilled salmon, this whole roasted cauliflower recipe has become my favorite way to prepare cauliflower. Roasting the cauliflower whole makes the center nice and soft, while also giving it a nice and crispy shell.
There’s also an endless amount of spices you can use for seasoning when making whole roasted cauliflower, which makes this dish fun to play around with depending on what else you’ve got cooking for dinner. My personal favorite is the cinnamon and cayenne mixture, which makes the whole roasted cauliflower savory and hearty. If you want to keep it simple, you can leave out these two spices, and just use sea salt and a little black pepper. The best part is—prep time is five minutes, making it super easy to make.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Carefully remove stems and excess leaves from the bottom of the cauliflower while keeping the head intact, and place it upright on baking sheet
- Combine your spices in a separate bowl, mix thoroughly
- Melt the coconut oil and coat evenly over the head of cauliflower, making sure to fill in all the little nooks
- Sprinkle spice mixture evenly on cauliflower head
- Place cauliflower in the oven for 45-50 mins, or until fork tender
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving
Have you made whole roasted cauliflower before? Post any questions in the comments below!