This white chicken chili is the one of the easiest slow cooker recipes to make! Everything cooks right in the crockpot, and the end result is a creamy, comforting chili that’s hearty and bursting with flavor.
- 1 ½–2 pounds chicken breasts or skinless, boneless thighs
- 2 cups diced potatoes (small yellow or peeled white sweet potato)
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can mild diced green chiles
- ½ small jalapeño, minced (use the entire pepper for a kick)
- 3 cups bone broth
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Chopped green onion
- Thinly sliced jalapeño
- Sliced avocado
- Siete tortilla chips
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the coconut milk, arrowroot starch, and lime juice.
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken with tongs and shred it with two forks. You can also put the chicken in a stand mixer and mix it on high with the beater attachment. The chicken with shred in about 10 seconds. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, arrowroot starch, and lime juice. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on high for 25 minutes, or until the chili has thickened.
- Serve warm with desired toppings. Go wild with toppings—they add extra flavor!