This slow cooker beef and sweet potato school is hearty with the perfect amount of spice.
- 2 lbs beef stew cubes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper (any color), diced
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3.5 cups broth
- After cutting the beef cubes into bite-sized pieces, brown on high in coconut oil in a large sauté pan for 2-3 minutes. (I skip the browning when I’m in a rush and it still comes out tasty.)
- Add the beef cubes and all other ingredients into the slow cooker (minus the broth), and mix well to combine.
- Pour broth on top of the mixture, and cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours.