Get ready for the BEST double chocolate banana bread you’ve ever had. It’s dense, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. You better make two—this won’t last long!
- 4 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cup mashed banana)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (¼ reserved for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or grease the sides.
- Using a mixer, beat the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar until evenly combined.
- Add the salt, almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until evenly combined.
- Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least 15 minutes before lifting it out of the pan.
If using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment for mashing the banana, then switch to the whisk attachment to combine all of the ingredients together.