Get ready for the best paleo chocolate banana bread you’ve ever had. It’s dense, moist, and loaded with chocolate chips. And the entire recipe whips up in one bowl! Make two—this one won’t last long!
- 4 medium overripe bananas, mashed (about 1 ½ cup mashed banana)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (¼ reserved for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a bread pan with parchment paper or grease the sides.
- Using a mixer, beat the mashed banana, eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and coconut sugar until evenly combined.
- Add the salt, almond flour, tapioca flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until evenly combined.
- Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips using a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for at least 15 minutes before lifting it out of the pan.
If using a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment for mashing the banana, then switch to the whisk attachment to combine all of the ingredients together.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: America
Keywords: paleo chocolate banana bread, paleo chocolate chip banana bread, chocolate banana bread