This instant pot chicken enchilada soup recipe is the perfect warm and comforting weeknight dish. It’s full of healthy and fresh ingredients, and has all the delicious flavors of chicken enchiladas wrapped up in a bowl of soup. This is one the whole family will love. And best of all, it cooks up in the Instant Pot in only 15 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, ribs & seeds removed, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts or skinless, boneless thighs
- 2 cups bone broth
- 1 (15 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced green onions
- Siete tortilla chips
- Select the Sauté function on your Instant Pot. Once hot, add the avocado oil. Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Cancel on your Instant Pot. Add the chicken, bone broth, diced tomatoes, red enchilada sauce, green chilis, cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Secure the lid. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Make sure the valve is flipped to Sealing position.
- Allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release the pressure.
- Remove the lid, pull out the chicken breasts. Add the coconut milk and lime juice and stir.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. You can also put the chicken in a stand mixer and mix it on high with the beater attachment. The chicken with shred in about 10 seconds. Add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot and stir.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice.
Keywords: instant pot enchilada soup, paleo enchilada soup, gluten-free enchilada soup, whole30 enchilada soup