This coconut whipped cream is light, fluffy, and creamy! It’s super easy and made from a can of coconut milk or coconut cream. Because it’s dairy free, this is an incredible vegan and paleo whipped cream!
- 1 (13.5) oz can full-fat coconut milk or cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or 3 tablespoons organic powdered sugar (vegan)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill your can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Do not skip or shorten this step.
- The next day, chill your mixing bowl and beaters in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the solid cream that has separated to the top into a mixing bowl. Pour the coconut water that remains into a mason jar to use for smoothies or other recipes.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat the coconut cream on medium speed for about 30-45 seconds, or until the cream becomes light and smooth and soft peaks form. Do not over-whip!
- Add your sweetener of choice and vanilla extract.
- Beat the coconut cream until incorporated. If your coconut whipped cream is a little thick, add back some of the coconut water 1 teaspoon at a time until light and fluffy.
- Serve on top of fruit, baked goods, or hot cocoa. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- You must chill your can of coconut milk overnight. Even doing it for just six hours is not enough, and you can’t speed this up by putting it in the freezer. Believe me, I’ve made the mistake one too many times! I like to store multiple cans of coconut milk in the back of the fridge at the bottom so I always have a can or two ready to go.
- Using a can of coconut cream? Still chill it overnight and follow the recipe as directed. You’ll need to add more sweetener since you’ll have more cream.
- When scooping out the coconut cream, do not let any of the coconut water make it into the bowl. If the coconut cream is super runny or watery, it won’t whip.
- If your coconut whipped cream doesn’t whip, try adding 1-3 tablespoons of tapioca flour while whipping. You can also thicken the coconut whipped cream by putting it in the refrigerator. Place it in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to let it firm up.
- If you have extra stored in the fridge, lay it out at room temperature until it softens, then re-whip it as needed.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: coconut whipped cream, coconut milk whipped cream, paleo whipped cream, vegan whipped cream, coconut whipped cream recipe