This almond flour sugar cookie recipe makes the best paleo sugar cookies for decorating. They have a buttery soft center, they’re slightly crisp on the edges, and they have just the right amount of sweetness.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons ghee, at room temperature (not melted)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, fold all the ingredients together until combined.
- Place the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. The dough should be slightly firm to the touch.
- Sprinkle a clean, flat surface and rolling pin with coconut flour. Roll out the dough until it is just under 1/2 inch thick.
- Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut the dough into shapes. Transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet with a spatula.
- Gather the remaining scraps and roll the dough into a ball. Repeat the process of rolling the dough out and cutting it into shapes until the dough is used up. If the dough becomes warm during this process, return it to the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, until the edges turn lightly golden brown (see tip.) Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- Decorate with icing and sprinkles.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Cooking time will depend on the size of your cookies. Most cookie shapes will cook up in about 12-13 minutes. Larger ones may take an extra minute or two.
- Double the recipe to make two baking sheets of medium to large almond flour sugar cookies.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: cookies, sugar cookies, almond flour, christmas cookies