These whipped Japanese sweet potatoes are the perfect side dish to family meals.
- Rinse and peel the skins from the sweet potatoes, and cut into cubes (about 1 inch in diameter.) Place the cubes in a large pot and cover in water so that the water comes just to the top of the cubes. Add a pinch of sea salt to the water.
- Bring the water to a boil, and let the cubes “cook” in the boiling water for about 15 minutes. The cubes will be ready when you can spike it easily with a fork.
- Drain the water and place the cubes in a bowl. Using a mixer or a hand blender, whip the sweet potatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add in 1/4 cup of coconut milk and sea salt and pepper to taste
- After about 1 minute, add in the coconut oil. After another minute, add the rest of the coconut milk to the mixture and let the potatoes continue to whip until light and fluffy.