This vegan chocolate frosting is luxuriously creamy, rich, and decadent. The recipe is completely dairy free and incredibly easy to make. It’s the perfect vegan and paleo chocolate frosting for cakes or cupcakes!
- Place the palm shortening in a large mixing bowl, and whip on high for 2-3 minutes until soft peaks form. Add the vanilla extract and continue to whip.
- Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder to the bowl and continue to whip until combined.
- Add ½ cup dairy free milk. Continue adding a little more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the frosting reaches your desired consistency. Whip for 2-3 minutes until no clumps remain.
- If using a stand mixer, use the flat beater or BeaterBlade (my personal favorite!) to whip the ingredients together.
- 1 recipe will successfully frost a three layer cake. You’ll get about 3 cups frosting from this recipe.
- To make this paleo, you can make your own organic powdered sugar from coconut sugar. Just add 2 1/2 cups coconut sugar and 2 1/2 tablespoons tapioca flour to a high speed blender or food processor and process for 1-2 minutes.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: paleo frosting, vegan frosting, paleo chocolate frosting, vegan chocolate frosting, vegan buttercream frosting, paleo buttercream frosting