This quick and easy vegan caramel sauce is rich, decadent, and perfectly thick! It’s great for drizzling on top of ice cream, apples, cookies, or warm beverages. Because this recipe for vegan caramel sauce is made with four simple ingredients, it’s a dairy free and paleo caramel sauce, too!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place the coconut milk and coconut sugar in a small saucepan. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and stir frequently until the sauce has thickened, about 25-30 minutes. The sauce will become a dark brown caramel color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Taste and add a little more salt if desired.
- Pour the caramel into a sealable glass container and let it cool completely in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before using. As it cools, the caramel will thicken. Store the caramel in the refrigerator and use it within 2 weeks.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan caramel sauce, vegan caramel sauce recipe, paleo caramel sauce, vegan salted caramel sauce, healthy caramel sauce, homemade caramel sauce,