This one-skillet Thai Chicken Coconut Curry is packed with protein, nourishing vegetables, and is surrounded by an especially warm and comforting coconut milk-based sauce. The recipe is super easy, and cooks up in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise and sliced into half moons
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger root
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- ½ lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and salt, and cook until there is no longer pink visible, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini, and cook until the vegetables are just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, fish sauce, garlic, ginger, and red curry paste and stir until combined. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lime juice and fresh basil (optional).
- Serve warm over cauliflower rice, if desired.