These salted caramel cookie bars are a layer of gooey caramel sauce sandwiched between two layers of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies. Top with a little vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce for the most delicious and decadent dessert! Because the vegan caramel sauce is homemade, these are gluten free and paleo salted caramel cookie bars!
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 medium eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, plus a few more for garnish
- coarse or flaked sea salt
- ¾ cup 4-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Nadamoo Ice Cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour until it’s broken down and fine. Add the tapioca flour, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda, and whisk until combined.
- Add the coconut sugar, honey, ghee, eggs, and vanilla extract to the mixing bowl, and fold everything together until a uniform dough forms. The dough should be fairly thick and come together to form a ball. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Take a little less than ½ of the cookie dough and press a thin layer of cookie dough into the bottom of the pan using your fingers or a spatula. Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it cool to the touch, about 5-7 minutes. Pour the caramel sauce on top of the cookie layer in the pan. Gently spread it with a spatula to about ½ inch from the edges of the pan. Sprinkle the caramel with a little coarse salt.
- With the remaining cookie dough, take a piece of the dough and gently flatten it into a thin layer in between your hands, and place it on top of the caramel sauce. Start with a couple larger pieces, then fill in with small pieces of cookie dough as needed. Press a few extra chocolate chips into the top layer as garnish.
- Return the cookie bars to the oven and bake for 17-18 minutes. Let the cookie bars cool, then transfer them to the refrigerator to set for 1 hour. Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce.
- For best results, make the 4-Ingredient Salted Caramel Sauce the day before so it has time to chill and thicken up in the fridge.
- Check the salted caramel cookie bars right at 17 minutes to prevent burning.
- When placing the cookie dough on top, it’s OK to leave some small holes for the caramel to bubble.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salted caramel cookie bars, gluten free salted caramel cookies, paleo cookie bars, gluten free cookie bars