These paleo cinnamon rolls are fluffy, gooey perfection. They’re delicious, simple, and topped with the most perfect glaze icing. If you’re a beginner baker—never fear! These are foolproof, yeast-free, and incredibly easy to make.
- 1 ½ cup + 2 tablespoons tapioca flour (plus more for rolling out)
- ¾ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- ⅓ cup ghee, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, slightly heated
- 1 tablespoon ghee, melted
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- dash of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a small pie or casserole dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tapioca flour, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Add 2 tablespoons warm water to the dough and mix well. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes so it can firm up.
- While the dough rests, combine all of the ingredients for the filling and set aside.
- On a large baking mat or piece of parchment paper, spread 1 tablespoon of tapioca flour so it covers roughly 8 x 12 inches. Take your dough and roll it into a ball with your hands, then place it on your work surface and press it into the shape of a rectangle. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into about an 8 x 12 inch flat rectangle.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the dough, making sure to get it at least ½ inch from the edges.
- Using the shorter (8 inch) side, carefully roll the rectangle into a log. Cut the log into nine separate pieces. Place the rolls in the greased dish and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are slightly brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the glaze. Once the cinnamon rolls cool slightly, pour the glaze over the cinnamon rolls. Serve warm.
Because the dough is sticky, it’s best to mix the dough in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. You can also use a handheld mixer with the beaters attachment.
Keywords: cinnamon rolls, paleo cinnamon rolls, gluten-free cinnamon rolls, homemade cinnamon rolls