The best protein ball recipe! These no bake chocolate coconut protein balls are incredibly delicious, low carb, packed with protein, and easy to make! Perfect as a midday snack or post-workout.
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 7 medjool dates, pitted (equivalent to ½ cup very packed)
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons collagen peptides, unflavored
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup creamy cashew butter
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
For coating (optional):
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the shelled pistachios and dates to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is completely broken down. Add the shredded coconut, cacao powder, collagen peptides, and sea salt, and pulse until the mixture is fully combined.
- Add the cashew butter, coconut butter, and vanilla extract to the processor, and pulse until the mixture forms a ball. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides to fully incorporate if necessary. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough mixture into balls about the size of a golf ball.
- Roll each ball in the shredded coconut (optional) for coating. Place the protein ball on the baking sheet. Repeat this process for the remaining mixture.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer to chill for 1 hour. Store the protein balls in a sealed container in the refrigerator (or freezer if you don’t plan to eat them in a week).
You will need a food processor for this recipe