Sweet and tangy healthy orange chicken that’s better than takeout! The chicken is coated, baked, and tossed in the best orange chicken sauce! Because the ingredients are simple and fresh, this is a paleo orange chicken recipe that’s totally gluten free. The perfect family-friendly weeknight dish!
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Avocado oil spray*
- Sliced green onions or sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1 recipe for Orange Chicken Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray or brush the parchment paper with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and sea salt. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cassava flour, arrowroot flour, and sea salt.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and dredge them in the flour mixture. Gently shake off the excess flour and place the chicken on a baking sheet.
- Liberally spray the top of the chicken with avocado oil until evenly coated. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and flip each piece over and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the chicken is baking, prepare the orange sauce.
- Toss the chicken with the orange sauce in a large bowl.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions or sesame seeds. Serve over rice or cauliflower rice and enjoy!
- While you can use either chicken breasts or thighs, thighs work much better in this recipe as they stay moist and crisp up easily.
- Liberally spray both the pan and chicken with avocado oil. This will allow the chicken to get nice and golden when baking. If you don’t have avocado oil spray, brush the pan and chicken with avocado oil.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: healthy orange chicken, paleo orange chicken, baked orange chicken, orange chicken recipe, healthy orange chicken recipe, gluten free orange chicken