These sweet and decadent paleo magic cookie bars are tiny squares of heaven the whole family will love.
Coconut Milk Caramel
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup cashew flour (see note for substitution)
- 1/8 tsp unprocessed sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
For the coconut milk caramel:
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla on medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once caramel mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Stir mixture every 3-4 minutes until it reduces by 1/3 to 1/2 (about 25 minutes.) If sugar sticks to sides, stir to combine again.
- Once coconut milk caramel has thickened, remove from heat, stirring just before pouring over bars.
For the crust:
- While the caramel is simmering, mix the almond flour, cashew flour, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
- Heat honey and coconut oil in a separate bowl until liquid, and stir.
- Add liquid mixture to the dry mixture until it forms a crumbly dough.
- With a spatula or your hands, press the mixture down evenly, covering the bottom of a parchment-lined 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool for 2-3 minutes before topping with ingredients.
For the Magic Cookie Bars:
- Sprinkle ¼ cup chocolate chips evenly over crust, pressing the chips into the crust.
- Sprinkling the remaining chocolate chips, pecans, almonds and coconut flakes evenly over crust, saving 2 tbsp coconut flakes for garnish.
- Pour coconut milk caramel over everything, and garnish with remaining coconut flakes.
- Bake 350 Fahrenheit for 25 minutes. Let bars cool, and chill in fridge for 1 hour before eating. Store in fridge (if any are leftover!)
If you don’t have cashew flour, simply use almond flour.