This gluten free pound cake is deliciously buttery, moist, and dense. Just like traditional pound cake, it has a smooth and tender texture, and just the right amount of vanilla flavor. Even though it’s paleo, no one will know! Finish with my vanilla glaze, fruit, or whipped cream.
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup vanilla or plain dairy-free yogurt
- ½ cup ghee or butter, soft at room temperature
- ¾ cup maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 ¾ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Vanilla Glaze (Optional):
- ¾ cup organic powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the yogurt, ghee, maple sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract and stir until combined.
- Add the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Pull the loaf out of the pan and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare the glaze by adding the powdered sugar to a pourable large measuring cup. Slowly add the coconut milk and vanilla extract and stir. Pour the glaze over the entire pound cake and let it set prior to slicing.
- If you use butter, let it set out overnight so it’s soft and spreadable. If using ghee, you need to soften it slightly in the microwave for 5-7 seconds. It should be soft and spreadable, but not liquid.
- I’ve tested this recipe with many different vanilla and plain dairy-free yogurts, and they all worked great. I prefer Laava Vanilla Yogurt as it boosts the vanilla flavor.
- Maple sugar is harder to find, but gives the gluten free pound cake a light color. If you use coconut sugar, it will taste exactly the same, it will just be darker in color.
- If your glaze feels too thin, just add a little bit more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add 1/2 teaspoon more of coconut milk at a time. It should be thick, but pourable.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
Keywords: paleo pound cake, gluten free pound cake, pound cake, vanilla pound cake, paleo