These gluten-free chocolate zucchini muffins are delicious, perfectly moist, and packed with zucchini! They are loaded with chocolate chips, and have a decadent and soft texture. If you love chocolate zucchini bread, this is the breakfast treat you’ve been waiting for!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup cacao or cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup grated zucchini
- ¾ cup mini dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin tin with parchment paper liners
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, mashed banana, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract, and fold everything together until combined.
- Place your grated zucchini on a large paper towel, and wrap the paper towel around the zucchini so it completely encapsulates it. Lightly squeeze the zucchini a couple of times to remove excess water.
- Add the zucchini and ½ cup chocolate chips to the mixing bowl, and fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the muffin liners, filling each slot about ¾ full. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining ¼ cup mini chocolate chips. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Keywords: chocolate zucchini muffins, paleo zucchini muffins, paleo muffins, gluten-free zucchini muffins, gluten-free chocolate zucchini muffins