These easy, gluten-free crispy chicken tenders are made with coconut flour and cassava flour, and cooked up in avocado oil. They are healthy, delicious, and perfect for the entire family.
- 2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup avocado oil (more if cooking in two separate batches)
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
- Add the flours and all seasonings to a large bowl and mix together well.
- Dip each chicken tender into the egg wash (making sure it is coated well), then dip each tender into the flour and coat both sides with flour. Repeat this process for the remaining chicken tenders. Transfer the coated chicken tenders to a clean plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat (a cast-iron or stainless steel skillet will work best for crispness). Add the avocado oil.
- Once the oil is hot, place the chicken tenders into the oil. Fill the skillet as space allows and cook the tenders for 5 minutes. Using tongs, turn each tender over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on a meat thermometer).
- Remove the chicken tenders from the pan and set them aside. Add more avocado oil to the pan if needed and cook the remaining chicken tenders.
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce, ketchup, or mustard!