This paleo dark chocolate chip pumpkin bread recipe is proof that pumpkin and dark chocolate are a match made in heaven.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- handful of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins or cranberries (optional)
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices into a bowl until well combined.
- Stir in eggs and honey, and mix until dry ingredients are combined with wet ingredients. Stir in canned pumpkin.
- Fold in mix-ins, including chopped pecans, chocolate chips, and raisins or cranberries (optional).
- Pour batter into a well-greased aluminum baking pan, and sprinkle coconut flakes on top. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf.
Use coconut oil, ghee, or grass-fed butter as the perfect topping to a slice.