This breakfast fried rice is a delicious and savory breakfast sauté that’s loaded with fresh and flavorful ingredients! Fry the eggs right in the skillet or leave them out depending on your needs. This recipe uses cauliflower rice, so it cooks up quickly and is paleo-friendly. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, and meal prep!
- 8 oz bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking fat (use the fat rendered from the bacon)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz bag frozen cauliflower rice (you can also use fresh!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3–4 large eggs (can omit if allergic to eggs!)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes (optional for added heat)
- Heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon pieces and cook until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Save about 2 tablespoons rendered cooking fat in the skillet and remove any excess. Add the diced bell pepper, onions, and broccoli florets. Sprinkle the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir to combine. Cook the vegetables until the mushrooms become tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, and coconut aminos. Stir and cook until the cauliflower becomes soft, about 3-4 minutes. Fold in the bacon.
- Lower the heat to low and create three to four individual grooves in the pan for the eggs. Add a little cooking oil to each groove and crack an egg directly into each one. Season the eggs with a little salt and pepper. Cover the pan and cook until the egg white is cooked through and the egg yolk is just set, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Serve warm topped with sliced green onions, Everything Bagel Seasoning, or crushed red pepper flakes.
- You can also scramble the eggs for a more traditional fried rice dish. For step 6, simply lower the heat to medium-low and create one large groove in the center of the pan. Add cooking fat to the groove and crack the four eggs directly into the groove. Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Quickly whisk the eggs to scramble. As the eggs begin to cook, fold the eggs into the vegetables to incorporate.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: breakfast fried rice, paleo breakfast fried rice, breakfast cauliflower fried rice, paleo fried rice, healthy breakfast fried rice