- Coconut oil (for cooking)
- 3 ounces fresh chorizo
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- 7 bacon slices
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a medium skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the chorizo and stir to break up and crumble the meat as it cooks. Cook until the meat is cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the meat from skillet and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the bacon. Cook until the bacon is soft and pliable, about 3 minutes each side. Remove the bacon from the pan and let it cool on a paper towel. Cut each slice in half lengthwise.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Make an incision on one side of each date. Using a clean finger, create a cavity inside the date and insert a spoonful of chorizo. Wrap each date with a bacon strip and secure the ends with a toothpick. Transfer the dates to the parchment paper.
- Roast until the bacon begins to crisp on top, 6 to 7 minutes. Flip the dates over and cook until the other side is crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Serve warm.
You’ll need 14 toothpicks for this recipe