This egg roll in a bowl is incredible delicious, easy to make, and cooks up in one-pan in only 15 minutes! It has all of the flavors of an egg roll (without the wrapper), and can be made with either ground turkey or pork.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lb ground pork or turkey
- 1 ½ tablespoon finely grated ginger root
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage (12–14 oz)
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced (including most of the green ends)
- 2 large handfuls spinach, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five spice seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- In a large skillet, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the ground pork or turkey, stirring to break up and crumble the meat as it cooks. Cook until the meat is lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook until fragrant.
- Add the coleslaw mix and scallions and stir well. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the slaw reduces and begins to wilt.
- Add the diced spinach and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, and Chinese five spice and stir everything together, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan as you go.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for an additional 3 minutes to set the flavor.