- 1 cup pureed cooked sweet potato
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter, melted
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Ghee or butter
- Coconut butter
- Pure maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sweet potato, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and ghee. In a separate bowl, mix together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a waffle iron until it barely fills the bottom cavity. Spread the batter around evenly if necessary. Cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
- Serve with toppings, including coconut butter, maple syrup, or fresh fruit.
If the sweet potato is not already prepared, pierce a medium sweet potato with fork and roast it in the oven on a baking sheet at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until the sweet potato is soft and a fork goes in easily, about 1 hour. Let the sweet potato cool slightly before pureeing.