- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee, melted (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 eggs
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes in 1 tbsp coconut oil until all sides are coated. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking pan and sprinkle with the salt. Roast until just soft, about 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until just crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the apple, cinnamon, and sage and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the roasted sweet potatoes and cook until they are lightly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the sweet potato mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Place the skillet back over medium heat and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil in the pan. Crack the two eggs into the pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until whites are set and yolks are cooked to your desired doneness.
- To assemble the sweet potato power bowls, place 1 cup mixed greens into each bowl. Divide the sweet potato mixture and diced avocado equally between the two bowls. Top each one with an egg and garnishes of choice (optional). Enjoy!